Kinds of registration
There are two kinds of registrations you can set up within Grenadine:
- Registration for your event (i.e. your conference, convention, etc.). This is called an event registration.
- Registration for a specific session within your event’s program (a special banquet, a space-limited workshop, a movie screening, a post-event tour, etc.). This is called a session registration.
Most events will offer an event registration, some events will also offer session registrations if needed. Events that offer only session registrations are rare, because most event organizers need to know who will attend the overall event.
Free or paid
Event registrations and session registrations can be free or paid.
You could decide to charge a general admission (a paid event registration), and then require free registration to specific activities for which space is limited (free session registrations). Whatever combination you choose to offer, each participant in your event will need at least one kind of registration to attend your event, and perhaps one or more session registration.
Grenadine automatically assigns a registration number to each person who registers for your event. The registration number is permanent and does not change for the entire duration of your event.
Setting up event registrations
Event registrations can be set up by defining ticket types in the screen. Create one ticket type for each kind of event registration you want to offer.
For example, you could set up 4 ticket types as follows:
- Early bird registration
- General registration
- Student discounted registration
- Spouse/guest registration
Each ticket type must have at least a name and description, as well as an available from and available until date.
Setting up session registrations
Session registrations are defined in the screen. For each session that requires registration, select the session, click the button and set the requirements and the maximum capacity in the Registration section.
When a person browses your event website, on each session tile, when appropriate, will be a message stating that “this session requires registration to attend” followed by the number of places currently available.
How to register/un-register people yourself
1. Navigate to the “People” page and select a person
In Grenadine Event Management Software, navigate to . Once in the “People” page, you can use the filters below each grid’s column header then click on the name of a person to select them. A panel will appear on the right with detailed information about this person.
2. Edit registration status and registration information
In the person’s detailed panel, the first tab is “Summary” it contains a “Registration” section that displays the registration information of this person. If this person is registered a “Yes” green flag will be displayed.
You can click on the “Edit” button to update the following fields:
- “Registered“: check this box if this person is registered for this event. This box will be checked automatically when a person purchases a ticket.
- “Registration number“: enter the registration number for this person. This number will appear automatically if the person purchases a ticket.
- “Registration type“: enter the registration type for this person (General admission, student, etc.).
- “Publish profile“: If this option is selected, this participant has accepted to share their name, picture and biography (if available) on the public event calendar.
Pre-requisites for session registrations
If you want to restrict who can get specific session registrations, you can set a “pre-requisite” registration type. For example, you could decide that the “Advanced Workshop” is only available for holders of “General Registration” and “Early Bird Registration”, but not available to other types or people. Pre-requisite conditions is useful in situations where you need to give priority to certain groups of people.