Now that you have set up your venue, you can continue on to set up each specific room within it. These rooms can be conference rooms, theatres, meeting room, booths, etc.
After selecting on the screen shown above, the window below will appear.
To create a room (if you are using a venue you have not used before) type the name you would like for the room in the “Room Name” box and click the highlighted blue to select.
Add any comments needed (internal use only).
In “Default Setup” select or type in the desired setup for this room. Next, you will be able to choose the “Capacity in this setup” which tells you the room’s capacity based on the set up configuration you chose. Repeat this process until you have added all the required rooms.
Once you have added all of the rooms, you will be able to set them up by selecting the rooms as shown below:
After selecting a room, you will be able to edit the setup and capacity, as well as add details to the following areas:
Once you have successfully added a room, you can use Grenadine Event Manager to customize and manage the room as you see fit. Below, you can find information about logistics, documents, finance, tasks, and notes.
The Logistics tab allows you to add any requirements needed for the sessions taking place in this room. For example, a room might require sound equipment, food/beverages, a specific number of tables, etc. Click to add all requirements.
If you are using a new supplier, you can easily create a supplier by typing the name of the supplier and clicking the blue words as shown in the picture below:
Next, you will be able to add details about the supplier by filling out the “Create A New Organization”. See the example below:
Make sure to always save your changes!
This section is accessible to all event organizers and can be used to store any documents relevant to the event.
To upload a document, simply click the and upload the document needed while providing necessary details here:
- File: The file you would like to upload to Grenadine Event Management Software
- Title: The title of the file you have uploaded
- Categories: Especially helpful when uploading multiple documents you are able to categorize the documents for clarity. For example, you may categorize them as “schedules”, “floor plans”, “seating charts”, etc.
- This document is private: If a document contains sensitive information, or just does not need to be made public you can select this box to keep it private.
Below, you can see examples of how both public and private documents will appear.
By placing your mouse on the document, you will be able to download it or edit its properties (change the title, categories, and whether or not it is visible to the public or private).
Using Finance you can log expenses or potential expenses for each room for example, if you need to rent a projector, a sound system, etc. To add these expenses, simply click the shown below.
After clicking , the window pictured below will appear. You can now add specific expenses for the room you previously selected.
- Amount: The cost of what you are adding to the finance table for this item in this room.
- Currency: The local currency for your event or the currency you will be using to pay for this specific item.
- Exchange Rate: If you are not using your local currency and have to set an exchange rate you can do so here. The default for local currencies is set to 1. If you have not dealt with this in Grenadine Event Management Software before, it is recommended that you contact our support team for assistance.
- Account/ Category: Here you can categorize the expense to keep track of it in your budget. If this is your first event, you will have to type in the Account or Category and select “Create an Account.”
- Vendor or Description: If this expense comes from a vendor, you can add their information here. If it is not from a vendor, simply write a description of what the expense is.
- Due By: The payment date for when this item is due.
Easily delegate tasks for each room by adding any tasks that need to be completed here:
After clicking , you can continue to add a a task in the window shown below:
- Task Name: Give the task a straight-forward name such as “Set Up AV Equipment”.
- Task Descriptions: Write down details about how the task needs to be completed, as well as any instructions that may not be clear.
- Task Owner: The person to whom you have assigned the task.
- Categories: Add categories to a task to keep it organized.
- Priority: It is crucial that the most important tasks are completed before moving on to smaller, less significant tasks.
- Current State: You can update the task as it progresses towards completion. You are able to label it as “Unassigned”, “Assigned”, “On Hold”, or “Completed”.
Finally, you can add any notes that will be relevant to serve as reminders, instructions, etc. here:
Click to add your notes to the screen below:
- Note Name: Put the title of your note here. The red asterisk indicates this is a mandatory field.
- Note Contents: Here you can write the details needed to make your note clear.
- Categories: Add categories relevant to this note.