Create a New Category
To create a new custom field select and fiil in the information oulined below.
- Internal Name: The name of this category internal to your organization. If you do not give the category a display name (below) the internal name will appear publicly.
- Display Name: If you would like this category to have a different name from the internal name you have given it, you can give it a display name here.
- Description: Write a brief description to remind yourself and others what can be put in this category.
- Useable For: Indicate what can be put in this category, for example, is this category only for documents, logistics, etc. To allow any category, leave this section blank.
- Applicable to events: If a category is not relevant for all events it can be marked as “Applicable for” to ensure it will only be shown for certain events.
Save your changes
Categories: +/- Columns
When you click you can select which columns will appear in the categories table.
- This box allows you to select every category.
- ID Each of the categories is given an ID to allow you to find it easily.
- Name Give you categories names to help you keep track of them.
- Description Write a brief description to remind yourself and others what can be put in this category.
- Events: Use this field to search for specific events in categories.
- For Indicate what can be put in this category, for example, is this category only for documents, logistics, etc. To allow any category, leave this section blank.
- Currently used to categorize: This column indicates what is being categorized, for example, published sessions, people, documents, etc.
- Times Used Find out how many times each category has been used.
The People Table in Grenadine Event Manager ( ) provides you with agreat deal of options when you select . If you require more columns to be added or need a specific column you can add it in the Custom Fields section of Grenadine Event Manager.
Creating a custom field is incredibly easy to begin click as shown highlighted in the image above.
- Name: The name of the custom field, it must start with a letter and be followed by alphanumeric characters or underscores.
- Applies to: The type of custom field, clarify if it is a person or a submission.
- Date Type: The type of field.