Grenadine lets you print badges for your attendees, speakers, and anyone else who needs one at your event. Grenadine supports a variety of badge formats from different manufacturers. The most common badge size is an Avery 5392 Nametag Insert Refill which measures 3” x 4”.
Printing a badge within Grenadine Event Management Software does not require any special kind of printer. Our system generates a PDF which you can easily send to any printer.
Decide What Gets Printed On The Badge
You can include the following elements on your badges:
- The event name
- The event logo
- Cut marks (thin lines that help you determine where the label boundaries are)
- The attendee or person’s name (this information is the only mandatory information on the badge)
- The person’s organization or company
- The person’s title
- The city where the person is from
- The country where the person is from
- A professional photo of the person
- The ticket type(s) for the person
- The categories for the person (i.e. the categories that you have set on this person’s profile)
- The person’s registration number
- A scannable QR code (can be scanned by the event organizer using the check-in app, or by another attendee using the attendee mobile app)
Here’s an example of what a badge may look like:
Printing badges can be done in a few easy steps. Grenadine gives you the option to print them from the Reports section of Grenadine Event Manager or the People section. Where you print badges from will not change how they look, the different printing options exist simply for your convenience.
Select the Badges report from the People section in reports. After selecting Badges the following will appear on the right-hand side of the screen as shown below.
- Label Type: Select size you would like your badge to be printed here.
- People: To select specific people, type their name(s) in here. To print, all badges leave this section empty.
To print badges in the People table select the person or people whose badge(s) you would like to print then click the button, shown highlighted above.
The badges will appear as a PDF on the bottom left of your screen, as shown highlighted below.
Click the PDF at the bottom left of your screen to open it.
From here click the printer icon in the top right corner of the screen to print the necessary badges.